Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Fluxx

Yestereday we played the game FLUXX in my high school Geometry classes. I randomly placed students in groups of 3 or 4. My purpose wasn't to teach any Geometry content standards but it definitely should have made them think!  The students recognized that the order in which they played their cards made a difference on their possibility to win. Hmm...the order in which they solve a right triangles matters too!  I guess it will help to teach trigonometry this coming week! 

Everything I ever ask my students to do has a purpose. But that purpose can change after the fact.  The original purpose of the game was to give my students time to relax and de-stress. But after student comments about the order cards are played being important, my purpose has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment